Saturday, July 19, 2008

About Free Talk

I enjoy the traing in Doumen, Zhuhai. After I read all the writing on the blog, I found all the contibutors in the program thought they learned a lot of useful and practical ways of teaching in class. The same to me. Besides the lessons, I think free talk every afternoon from 4:00 to 4:30 gives us chance to communicate with our trainers and share our opinions with other Chinese teachers. We like to talk about many things in life and work. But our clever trainers have a good ideas to provide an essay to us every day. First, let us read the essay to understand and get ready to answer some questions. Secondly let us get ready to discuss some questions about the essay. Finally, after we have lessons we go to differnt groups guided by one of American trainers and participate in discussing something about the essay. What our trainers design these steps help us to practice reading and speaking skills. I think it's a good way to develop our spoken English. But I remember it's a little hard for us to discuss the last essay last Friday. For many femal, science is a difficult topic to discuss. The ladies in our group are trapped by some words about science so that we can't express what we want to say in English. Maybe it's a challenge for us. I hope we'll talk about more about something in our life, work and the difference between China and America.