Monday, July 28, 2008

Variations on a Theme

If I had to choose one word to describe my experiences here in China, I would choose the word "warm". Everything about Zhuhai English Camp is warm! Warm weather...what an understatement! Warm water...for drinking. Warm classrooms. Warm meals... But, I'm quite sure the warmest things we've experienced are the hearts of the Chinese friends we've made. Our hosts are kind and attentive, making sure we have all we need. They have made our home stays exciting and comfortable and provided interesting cultural experiences for us. Our new friends are sure to include us in conversations and make us feel welcome with every opportunity. The Chinese people are indeed warm.

Although I miss my family very much, I must say that the time is passing quickly. We have been so busy that there has been little time to be too lonely. Thank you to all of my new friends for making me feel so "warm" and welcome! Thank you to my host family for making your home such a special place to return to each evening.