Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eating Together




Each morning at 7:30am and again at noon, we eat lunch in the school cafeteria. The food is – well – cafeteria food – but it is great to just sit and talk with teachers. Right now, it is just surface level conversation (for me at least) but hopefully, true friendships will develop as well. We talk about cultural differences, foods, families, fun – and a variety of other things.

So many times at home I just grab something to eat in my office so I can be more efficient in getting my work done. Here, I am being very intentional about spending time with other people while having lunch. I wonder which approach is more effective at building relationships.

It’s hard to believe that the first week – the training week is nearly over. It has really been a great week so far! Thanks to everyone who is supporting us in so many ways.