Monday, July 14, 2008

Today was all about building relationships. What we know about the brain is that a nurturing, reflective environment is critical for learning to occur. I am very proud of our team and how we developed great relationships so quickly. As a primary school instructor, I had the opportunity to work with 15 grade 3-5 teachers. It was an incredible opportunity to learn names, find out likes and dislikes, and even have time for questions and answers. The first day is under our belt and we are ready for a great day tomorrow with Val leading us in the development of lesson plans. I look forward to learning as much from our Chinese teacher friends as we will teach them. They are providing me with great insight in how we can learn from one another. My favorite part of the day was our song, "Good Job," and meeting so many new friends! I also enjoyed getting to know our own team much better.