Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cultural Differences

I have greatly enjoyed Cultural Corner with Luke each day. He provides both Americans and Chinese teachers with insight on the cultural differences bewteen the two communities. I have learned so much already from this opportunity. These lessons often lead into new conversations at lunch. I was very excited to do because I was complimented by my lunchmates at how I use chopsticks so well. :-)

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the end of week one. I feel like we have only been here a few days, but I have some friendships that have felt much longer already. I am looking forward to tomorrow and the weekend when we pick up the rest of the American team. The Chinese teachers are anxious to meet them all, too.

On a side note, I was able to talk with my family this evening. They are doing so well, and Chase told me he wants to be a doctor (he's 3). My wife is sending a picture of Chase because he has many band-aids covering his body. Apparently, he is self-medicating. ;-)- I thought my new Chinese friends would like to hear the update on my little guy (and maybe old American friends, too).

RED stand up, GREEN stand up, BLUE and YELLOW stand up...